Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall is Here!


How wonderful it is to enter into this time of year!
I just love everything Orange and how it brings such warmth to the season.
Although in sunny south Florida we don't get to experience the change of season, we can pretend by decorating our homes with fall ornaments and welcome the season!

Well as you can see I already stated decorating our home with pumpkins and hay! I decided to add a more rustic touch by purchasing hay. It is incredible how stores like Walmart and Big Lots will try to maximize the Fall season by offering overpriced items such as Hay at ridiculous prices. So I was smart and shopped around and visited a Horse Supply store in the Redlands and got my two hay stacks at a whopping $6.00 each, a true deal!

So as I realized that I was the only house in my community with fall decorations, I set the bar pretty high with adding the hay and all, let' see what my neighborhood peeps do this year!


I think my motivation has been my sweet 4 year old Christian. He has been so excited about Halloween and Thanksgiving and decorating the house has been a true joy to experience. Last year he was not very much into it, but this year he totally is :)


Last night we decided to bake Halloween Cookies , I decided to try out my sugar cookie recipe I had not done in a long time. Practice makes perfect, like Martha Stewart says, and well I have to say I think they came out deliciously good.


My major challenge was the glossy Royal Frosting I had been dying to try out, and it was alot of work.
Something about mixing corn syrup and confectionate sugar sure gave my arms a work out. And don't get me started about mixing the food colors, remind me never to try to make Black, I'll make sure to buy the black food dye next time.



But once the cookies were cooled we decorated them.
Royal Icing was amazing I was happy :)



I guess I can follow recipes.. lol I was one proud mamma :)
Christian was soooooo happy with the finished product!

Such joy to be able to sit with my 4 year old and work on something fun together. He ran over and hugged me and thanked me for making the cookies, my heart melted.
There's nothing better than your kid expressing their genuine gratitude :)

One of the many joys of Motherhood!

Be Blessed,
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment